RSA Donations Policy
ADOPTED OCTOBER 10, 2012 – RSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
1. Any member of the Association, or a member or organization of the community at-large, can request a donation from the Riverside Sheriffs’ Association, but all requests must be submitted in writing to the RSA Office, Attn: SE&D Committee, using the accompanying application. Applications must be received at least one (1) day prior to the next scheduled SE&D Committee meeting to be considered at that meeting.
2. All requests must include a brief explanation as to why the Association should make a donation to the particular cause in question.
3. Donation requests shall only be approved by one of the following:
4. Normally, no more than one donation may be made to the same person, group, organization, team or Chapter in one fiscal year.
5. Priority will be given to donation requests that are related to issues that affect the greatest number of Association members, locally promotes the Association within the community, or which are important to the law enforcement community in general.
6. The Association President may veto a SE&D approved donation request, but the veto must be reviewed and affirmed by the Board of Directors at the next regularly scheduled Board meeting.
7. The Association may donate to Special Events Teams. Team Captains submitting the request must include the names of the team members.
8. The Association may donate funds to county facilities that are staffed by a substantial number of Association members.